Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This Day Devoted to Women in Politics



Today after breakfast, my husband was able to talk his way into two free tickets for the Emily's List party even though it was sold out. We had standing room only and after standing for an hour, I only had time to hear Hillary Clinton. Den stayed to hear Nancy Pelosi and Michelle Obama while I took off for the Pepsi Center.
I thought tonight I would look at some of the people I'm a delegate with or have talked to here.
I met John Garamendi in the Lobby and thought of you, Milt. We talked about Eureka. He was looking forward to his speech at the Democrat of the Year Dinner on October 3.
Sitting next to me in the Pepsi Center was a friendly young woman named Erin from L.A. (Many of the 441 California Delegates are from L.A.) She attended Cornell for an undergraduate degree and is now working on a Masters in Art @ Cal Arts College. She has her own business as a freelance set and costume designer. Using the mail and internet, she can send her scale models and sketches from anywhere and so may move to a more beautiful area. I suggested Humboldt.
The guy on my right was interesting. A Political Science professor at Stanford, Jim Steyer taught Chelsea for 3 classes ("she was a great student"). He is also the CEO and founder of Common Sense Media. A "consumer reports" of media, his business evaluates and grades children's media for parents, grandparents and teachers so that they can make educated choices for their children. His web site is www.commonsense.com
Hillary was awesome, the best speech she has ever given according to the Obama finance committee member I sat next to on the bus. She was so strong, confident and definitely for all of us to support Obama/Biden so that the 37 years that she has put into helping people will not go for naught. Her goals and dreams of the betterment of the people of the U.S. will not be fulfilled by electing John McCain. I hope you all saw her speech and am anxious to discuss the issues with you when I get home. OBAMA & BIDEN in '09 ! Until tomorrow, good night.




1 comment:

Cath said...

I saw a flash of you on CNN's feed during Barbara Boxer's speech with the women of the Senate. You looked great!